Sunday, April 17, 2011

Column Swirl Take 1

Column swirling is done by pouring many different color soap layer by layer onto a square column object at the center of the mold.  Then after filling up the mold, you take a skewer stick and draw fan pattern lines inward or outward.  This was my first take, unfortunately the fragrance oil I was using caused acceleration, made the pouring not as free flowing as I expected.
Very colorful, some people think it is rather, psychedelic!  And if you are interested it is listed in my Etsy shop: Secrete Lover

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily lovely photos! Yes psychedelic! Reminds me of Peter Max. What was the fragrance that accelerated, not patchouli?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not Patchouli, at least not that I know of. It is the fragrance I bought from Nature's Garden, it's called Sexy as Sin.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis